Key Topics of the Event
The big hurdle: Legal and liability aspects of autonomous driving
- Discussing legal requirements for allowance
- Current market situation and legalization procedure
- Impact on R&D – conflicts and solutions
- Discussing the driver’s task in dependence of the level of automation
- Concepts for realization of driver-vehicle interaction in automated cars
- The relevance of driver monitoring
- Testing user experience
- How to translate key HMI requirements (comprehensibility / controllability) into functions
- How to validate HMI requirements (checklist & customer clinics)
Defining the roadmap from assisted to automated driving
- Safe, smart decision making for autonomous vehicles
- Architectural changes toward automated driving: Key technologies, 360° environmental sensing, functional architecture, redundancies
- Referencing of sensor fusion system
- Challenges for validation of automated driving functions
- Reliable cognitive data processing
- The safety/availability trade-off in autonomous driving
- Benefits of cooperation between automated vehicles
- Technical requirements for cooperation towards communication, perception and control
- Concepts and ideas from the European research project AutoNet2030
- First results of cooperative perception
- Smart technology enabling Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) communication
Painting the whole picture of vehicle automation
- Learn how to involve all key players: legislators, transport authorities, communities, car manufacturers and real customers
- Discover vehicle automation’s social impacts
- Discuss how automated vehicles will influence future mobility
- Self-driving cars as the future of sustainable mobility
Architecture needs for automated driving
- How do you envisage the architecture that will need to be implemented to deliver automated driving (Level 3 and above)?
- Which is the minimum required sensor set?
- Centralized ECUs. Which are the requirements and its scalability?
- How to assure ISO26262 compliance - sensor level, network, actuators?
- Which is the expected redundancy in the electrical architecture and the actuators?
- Will there be scalable options - assurance of cost-effective solutions?
- Where is the biggest pressure - OEMs or suppliers?
- What about V2X, eHorizon and back-end data? What is their mission and how to integrate them in the overall architecture?
The long-term vision for autonomous driving
- Will vehicle automation lead to the disruption of the traditional business model of car ownership
- How will new, non-auto companies like Uber, Apple, Google and start-ups affect the future of the automotive industry
- Will shared vehicle fleets replace individual vehicle ownership or coexist?
- Examine common security challenges encountered when designing automotive-grade software
- Review a software architecture and development techniques for building provably secure software leveraging software-based separation as a foundational component of the system
- Consider aspects beyond the software architecture, including management of the development processes, secure boot, software updates, and key management that are crucial to the overall security of the system