Pre-Conference Workshop by Pillar Technology
WHAT | Workshop on Autonomous Vehicle Embedded System Development, Integration & Validation Techniques & Autonomous Shuttle Ride & Factory Tour at Navya. Inc.
WORKSHOP | Embedded systems development using modern software practices
- Ever see a cobweb and wonder how it was created so quickly? Similar to that cobweb, embedded systems and resulting software are growing exponentially. The advancement in hardware unleashed ample potential in software coding. It is of utmost importance to ensure that code is of highest quality. Lives depend on it. A known challenge for autonomous vehicle development is system integration and validation techniques to ensure quality code.
- Traditional product development stems from a physical hardware point of view then adds the software layer. With the tide changing with complexity, companies must drive development with software. Companies with software in their core that are now moving towards product development in the physical world are able to accomplish speed to market faster than the spider that made that web. How? By driving development with modern software practices such as test driven development and continuous integration. But how do we apply these practices in an embedded world?
Experience an interactive workshop on how to use modern software practices within embedded systems development resulting in fast scalable embedded systems development and reduced cost…..oh…..and happy developers.
- Learn how to test drive an embedded component.
- Learn how to mock out/simulate an unavailable component.
- Learn how to apply Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Mocking to achieve a scalable software process on an embedded project.
SPECIAL| Autonomous Shuttle Ride & Factory Tour @ Navya U.S. Production Facility, Saline
Visit Navya, Inc – maker of the first fully autonomous production vehicle. Get a chance to ride in their shuttle, the “ARMA”, and visit their new North American production facility. Experience the future of mobility today!
WHEN I 15 November 2017
WHO | DJ Daugherty, Chief Technology Officer, Rob Huston, Embedded Engineer, Derek Nixon, Software Artisan
WHERE | The Forge at Pillar Technology, Ann Arbor
301 E. Liberty Street, Suite 700, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
WHEN | 11:00 – 18:00
- 11:00 – Transfer: Conference Hotel to The Forge at Pillar Technology
- 11:45 -13:00 - Lunch & Tour: Pillar Technology
- 13:00 - 15:00 - Workshop: Pillar Technology
- 15:00 - 15:30 – Transfer: Pillar Technology to Navya U.S. Production Facility
- 15:30 - 17:00 – Tour: Navya U.S. Production Facility
- 17:00 – 18:00 - Transfer: Navya U.S. Production Facility to Conference Hotel